Tuesday 19 June 2007

Confidence, Courage, Faith....


All about mental toughness, faith: of backbone, spine and nerve. When do we actually need all the three....?

As and when we require them I supposed. But often when it is needed it seems to desert us...or do we choose not to have them ourselves? Ask anyone and I believe they will tell you at times when we are down to our lowest grip and point on life we loses all of them at one go!

I give you an example. Last year around this time of the year my dad as taken ill..seriously ill. He has lung cancer and he was suffering alot. I was attached to one of the ad agency in PJ. The lady boss was worst than the one in "Devil Wears Prada" and I was terrified of her. My confidence, self worth and "gunghoness" were in utter tatters! Whatever I did there was absolutely wrong, not up to her requirements etc. Worst to come...my dad was pulling away further from all of us. I walked out of the job and for the next 2 months I was at my lowest in everything around me. I could not find a job after dozens of interviews, my bank account was drying up and my father was dying.

When my father died that was it for me. I went into seclusion. Not wanting to see or have anything to do with anyone. I lost my confidence, courage and belief in whatever I believed in. I believed in GOD but in the end he took my dad away no matter how much I prayed for him.

In life, we need to have confidence, courage and belief otherwise we will end up being a nobody. We need confidence to carry us up in our daily life(yes even for a good presentation!) We need courage to make certain decisions that perhaps one day will change the course of our life. We need to belief in something in order for us to achieve our goals. We need to belief in ourselves and even in relationship. Trust within each other.




That is what our backbone, spine and nerve are for.......

No comments: