Tuesday 19 June 2007

Flowers And Gardens: "The Sweetest Thing God Ever Made And Forgot To Put A Soul Into"




Flowers: Heaven's Master Piece. That I will definitely vouch for it. From the blazing sunflower, elegant orchid, dotting daisy and the sweet smelling roses it is one of God's greatest creation on earth.

There are more than 1000 species of flowers than can be found around the world. And each and everyone of them represent different smell and meaning. Fresh and I was in love with the roses in my younger days and of late I am very smittened by the Dutch national flower, Tulips.

Honeysuckle, Queens Anne's lace, Lily of the Valley....uncountables! Which are your favourites? Can't make up your mind....it's hard to wonder why. Flowers...hmmm the ladies love it. I love it when I receive flowers. Best gift ever for a woman. My mum, she grows orchids..it is her first love. I remember when we were younger in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, mum grew lots of orchids and other flowers and she dedicated most of her free time dotting on her passion. For mum it was the purest of human pleasure attending to her beloved flowers in her garden. Be it a vegetable or flower garden it makes no difference.

My late grandma loved chrysanthemum especially the white and yellow ones. Being a staunch Buddhist, she will never fail to have freshly bought chrysanthemums on the altar for any of the Chinese festival....same goes for my mum, aunties...the elderlylah.

Gardens...plenty of them in Malaysia but alas these so called gardens are not very well kept unlike those in foreign countries especially those with 4 seasons. Here...don't even bother going. Grasses are not cut, not much to see in term of flowers selection...always just the Bunga Raya. Ya ya ya I know...it is our national flower...ar so? Worst...our gardens you will get to see plenty of rubbish strewn everywhere....hey that is not part of the scenery you know! So why bother going in the first place....our weather is so damn freaking hot! No winter, spring, autumn.....

The last time I saw a real pretty garden was in Den Haag, Holland and being the recent one was in Beijing, China. There were all types of flowers here, there and everywhere.....the whole garden itself was just beautiful and out of sight! It is fantastically breathtaking and picturesque! I would die for it everyday. Also it is "the best place to seek God....you can dig for Him there". You don't see no rubbish anywhere, grass are finely cut and I swear the place smell so good you know...hmm unlike back here. Take heart people..

Luxury is seen everyday in my garden of eternal bliss....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.