Friday 29 June 2007

The Chamber of Horrors



What is with all those horrror movies that has been hitting our shores these days?


Don't get me wrong my dear horror buffs out there. I am a horror fan myself but of late I think it is getting a bit ridiculous with all the horror stuffs bombarding the cinemas! Some of them are so lame, pure irritating and dumb!! So I understand that everyone is trying to make a fast buck from it but even so pleeeaaassee... at least come up with something that is watchable. A horror movie is supposed to make the audience feel scare but alas.. some of them actually are so freaking bad that you end up laughing!!


Back in th 1980s we had classic stuffs like Evil Dead, Firestarter, Swamp Thing, Children of The Corn, The Blob etc. Present day we are fed with all kinds of "slasher" movies like "I Know What You Did Last Summer", "Final Destination" a lots more. Some of them are pretty gory, full of blood and guts spilling out! There are still of course the genuine horror movie (based on true happenings) like "An American Haunting", "Exorcist" and "Omen 666"
Locally, we have some that is real good like "Jangan Pandang Belakang" and...?That's all I can think of...Pontianak Sundal Harum was alright and the latest "Waris Jaris Hantu"was a huge disappointment.
Credits to the Japanese and the Thais. They are a spot above us in many ways. Erm the Koreans are so so lah..better than the local one but really I think some of it are damn stupid and silly...imagine killer wig, killer phone! My god what will they think of next...killer thongs, bras or killer "pigs" hahaha such joy!!
Coming soon it's gonna be another one of them:"30 Days of Night". Oh..the British production "The Descent" was fabalous I thought. Must give credit when it's due.
But still...give me a break!
Let's be more hilarious here.....


No comments: